Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Little Peek at the New House

I only took pics of the rooms that are more done than not. I will continue to send pics as I get things hung on the walls and fluffed.
Here's Owen and Brody's new room. I used all the same stuff from their original nursery, just added a little pizazz

Here's another view.

These are the built-ins opposite their cribs. I need to finish unpacking and make them cute with all their goodies!

Here's the family room. The pool is right behind the couch and makes for a great view.
Another shot of the family room. The beer mug tiles on the fireplace will not stay in the family room. They really aren't baby boy friendly. I'm thinking slate might be better. Whenever I take pics of the boys on the floor they are framed by beer mugs. Not so much!
Here is my fabulous new stove. I'm sure the ovens are great too, but haven't used them. I am really enjoying the gas stove. Notice the long island. It holds two bouncey seats very comfortably
Here's the other side of the kitchen. Todd and I are eating at the bar, as I have still yet to pick out a kitchen table. Furniture is such a commitment.
This is the other end of the kitchen. Notice the nook to store the bouncey seat in. It's amazing the way your decorating changes when you have a whole new set of stuff to accomodate and try to keep handy.
Here's the dining room.
This is a shot from another angle

8 comments:

kinsey said...

it all looks fabulous! have you already posted a shot of the front of the house?!

KodyShandi&Kids said...

Hey Janai, it is Shandi. I like the blog! I cannot believe how big the boys are!! Feels like yesterday they were in the NICU! I am so happy for yall!

Emily said...

I love it Janai!!! Love the floors, cabinets, island - everything! Thanks for sharing! The boys' room looks awesome already! How does a mom of twins have time to decorate :)

blythe said...

It is all gorgeous!!!

Betsy said...

Will you come to Austin and decorate my house? And is that acid reflux medicine on their changing table? We know those bottles very well at our house!

Vickie said...

Beautiful and I am so impressed you have everything unpacked and decorated in a week!

Good to see you tonight, the boys are precious.

the Sebring's said...

The boys room looks so cute! I am always impressed with your touches of "pizazz!" Can't wait to see the house at Thanksgiving! Grace Ann and the boys can have their first date!!!

Emily K. said...

It looks so nice! I love how it is open. You are so good to be so unpacked -- after 3 years here, we still have empty rooms and walls :)