Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Thursday!

First off...we need to say welcome to our two new friends that have entered our world this week. My friends, Alice Ann and Mauri, both had their sweet babies this week. Alice Ann provided a future girlfriend for Owen and Brody and Mauri gave us a buddy. Welcome Friends!

I wanted to give Brody a little air time. I raved about Owen's success the other day (and he is still going strong sleeping through the night!) and did not give B-boy any praise. Brody is my busy baby. He always needs to know what is going on and why he is not involved. He naps but doesn't close his eyes all the way, just in case something exciting happens. It's funny that I'm going on about B-boy being busy while O-dub is sitting next to me at ten o'clock at night wide awake while Brody's been in bed for an hour and a half.

Here's Brody in his favorite spot. He will play on his back and tummy, but nothing beats the Bumbo because he has a much better view of the room. On a sad note, Moxie is looking for a new home. She is a sweet dog, but is not making the grade around here.
Brody kinda started to lose it after we finished dinner. The boys sit in their Bumbos on the counter and watch us eat at the bar (I have yet to decide on a kitchen table) every night. After dinner I was doing the dishes and Todd was taking care of Owen, so B-boy found a new perch. He loved this new spot. Not only did he have my full attention, he thought dish washing was very exciting. Hopefully he still will when he's able to do it himself.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm loving all of these little glimpses of your new home. Your kitchen looks amazing! Show me more - show me more!!!

Betsy said...

We have a very similar dinner time, although Wright learned how to escape the bumbo so now is harnessed in his high chair :). My cousin Becca is remodeling their new house and we want to go visit when it's done- definitely want to see you guys while I'm there!