What a wild trip...the boys have been sick for almost two weeks. Please don't think I'm a bad mom and I've let my children wholler around in their illness and ick. Brody started coughing in Dallas and started throwing up. We went to the doctor and found out he has RSV (see previous post) then Owen starts the throwing up and other stuff (YIKES!) so when Owen quits leaking, I think I'm in the clear. I had my show last week and was busy. Wednesday is when everything started going down hill. I had one last appointment around six so I sat down to feed my little men before she got here. Of course, she (this is a girlfriend of mine with a young child) calls and is on her way. Now, Brody chooses to lose his dinner, the doorbell rings, the dog is not sure what she wants more, and I'm about to lose my mind. My sweet friend offers to help and I beg her no. Fast Forward...Brody eats a little formula and retreats to bed. The boys wake up at five, but I pretend not to hear them. At six, I give in...whoa...what is that smell...poor B-boy has gotten sick. Fast forward to doctor. Jennifer sees us (I took both boys just to make sure everyone got checked out) and Brody has a double ear infection and either they are passing a stomach bug back and forth or the meds for RSV are upsetting their stomachs. We opt for a shot to help the ears and change cough med then head home. Brody continues to get sick, manages to keep a bottle down before bed and we all turn in. 4am on Friday, Brody got sick again. He's rather lifeless so we try water, nope, pedialite, nope. I let Owen drink a bottle and drop him at Grammie's. Brody and I wait for his shot and he's very weak. Dr. Nabulsi comes in and looks us over and suggests we go check into the hospital. WHAT?!?!?!?! I hold it together, call Steph to make arrangements for Owen, call Todd to tell him to come meet us, and pretend to be calm. Of course when I call my mom, I cry like a baby. Once I got the words out I was fine, but moms just do that to ya.
So to the hospital we go. I was in strict business mode checking B-boy in and getting us settled. When they asked me to help hold him down while they did the IV, I even managed to do it. His little veins were so weak because he was so dehydrated it took quite a while. I had to excuse myself and go cry in the hallway. I swore I would never take the boys back to a hospital once we got out of the NICU. I told myself to straighten up and get back in there with Brody. Poor little guy couldn't even produce tears he was so dry. Dr. Nabulsi came by during his rounds and confessed the minute he walked into the examination room he knew Brody had to go to the hospital, but he didn't want to freak me out. Thank you! After a long day and night of pumping fluids, the doc gave us the go-ahead to try formula this morning. We tried it in two ounce increments. He kept it down and we packed up our stuff and I called the nurse and told her we were leaving. It is so great to be home. Brody is slowing regaining his strength. We cuddled alot and took it easy today. I only took a few pics.
1 week ago
7 comments:
Poor sweet Brody!!! I'm glad to hear that he is feeling better, and the good thing is that he won't remember it at all. You, on the other hand, will never forget it. What a scary day!! I am so sorry you guys had to go through that! Hang in there - you are a wonderful mom!!!
I'd still be crying like a baby, so you are a champion! I'm so sorry, I know that is very scary. I hope he is feeling better and back to his old self very soon.
ohmygosh! you poor thing and poor baby boy! I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon so you can go home! keep us updated!
Well Janai, you are a champion...you made it through a hospital stay again...see how tough you are? Hope everyone is well very soon.
Courtney
So sorry, Janai...poor little baby. I am glad he is feeling better - and know you are too. Wish we were closer so we could help!
Poor little Brody! I hope your family gets well soon! We will see you this weekend, if the boys are well...
Girl! I had no idea any of this happen!! You are such an amazing mom!!!
Post a Comment