It was race day in Midland. Well, it was actually Odessa. We woke up bright and early this morning for Todd to do the half marathon. My mother-in -law, Stephanie, and I did the 5K. We took the boys with us and let Todd run on his own today. He did so good. We proudly cheered him on as he crossed the finish line not far behind the leader. Of course, the boys were a huge hit. Everyone was quite impressed I was pushing a double stroller, and I smiled and took the praise, but it's really not hard, it IS on wheels and we live in the flattest place on earth.
I do have to praise all you working moms. I woke up early and got myself dressed, then had to get the boys dressed and feed them and get out the door by 6:10. I struggled and I didn't shower and I only put on running clothes. I don't know how you do it. We did get tickled at Brody. He was pissed we woke him up this morning. We were driving to the race and Todd looked at me and pointed out, this child has woken us every morning of his life and one day I dare wake him, and it's the end of the world.
When we got home, I made a huge breakfast feast. It was great and we all rested for a little bit, then we headed to our friends first birthday. Happy Birthday Lillian! We had a great day. It was fun having a family day!
Brody kicked his feet the entire time. He loved all the attention. Owen slept during the 5K then was ready to soak up some attention from the ladies!
Here's our little group pre race
5 comments:
wow congrats to todd- i have always wanted to do a half marathon! and congrats on the skinny jeans-yay!
So impressed with the Runnin' Rogers! Now when the boys start walking- there will be total Rogers domination!
i'm WAY impressed with you!! i didn't know you were such a jock! what a great example you are to your boys! :)
You are such a trooper congrats on the run and the pre-baby jeans!
You're motivating me! Great job, girl!
Post a Comment