Owen and Brody were eight months old yesterday! I can't believe how far we have come so fast. I was looking at Brody today, he had wedged himself between the bouncer and the toy basket, and for some reason I thought back to a dinner Todd and I had while the boys were in the NICU. We drove around Odessa waiting for the shift change and looking for some place to eat. The boys were about 12 days old. It was a hard night for me because we were going to check out of the hotel the next day and go home. I remember sitting at dinner so upset and just wanting them to come home sooo bad. For some reason when I looked at Brody and thought back, I felt so overwhelm and blessed that they are healthy and wild little men.
What are we doing at eight months old:
- We have made it through all the fruits and veggies. Brody does not like pears and Owen does not like green beans. Other than that they eat like baby birds.
- We can get around. Owen arm crawls with one arm, kinda dragging himself. Brody rolls from laying down, to all fours, to sitting, then repeat. (he just realized he can do all these positions last night, so now he does it in a continual sequence)
- Brody's favorite word is Dada and Owen is nana. Owen also loves to smack his lips. We sleep so good! I don't miss the two hour feedings every three hours! We've even been napping in our cribs!
- We love books! Our favorite is "Look at Me". It's a book of animal faces with holes cut out so mommy and daddy can use the book as a mask and make funny animal sounds. Second favorite is "There's a Wocket in my Pocket". It's funny to hear mommy and daddy mess up.
- We have two new favorite toys. Our first is the walker (thanks Darby for the loan) and the second is our new ball pit. Thanks for the idea Lillian! We also love anything that sings or plays music! (mom and dad don't enjoy those as much!)
Nothing in the world beats our Rain Forest Jumper. These boys can jump! (Brody ended up underneath his today)Brody is sporting two bottom teeth that refuse to grow. They broke the skin last week and are at a stand still. Owen is still prepping with the drool.
4 comments:
they are so cute and seems such happy little boys! Too bad we don't live closer- avery would have two very adorable boyfriends!
They are getting so big!
I mean, those are two seriously handsome boys. I can only imagine what junior high will be like at your house- there will be girls calling constantly! Would love to hear where you found the awesome ball pit- I saw one in a catalog and thought it looked super fun.
We're giving Travis a ball pit for Christmas - too fun!!! I really like yours though - it's different than the ones i've seen.
Way to go for transitioning to napping in cribs. I'm sure that was a hard adjustment.
Sure wish we could see you guys soon. It'd be so fun to have the boys together since they could now play together, instead of just staring at each other :)
It sounds like you guys are doing great!!! You're such a good mom - those boys are lucky to have you!
Post a Comment