Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Moxie

Happy Birthday to our little Moxie! I received Moxie as a birthday present from Todd three years ago. I think I said, "I want a puppy or a baby". Well, look at me now! She is a special dog. We are not able to celebrate today because I boarded the dogs yesterday. I had to get them out of the house so we can move and get settled, and I was fine with it. The dogs board very well. They stay in a run together and don't seem to mind. But, when Todd got home last night he pointed out that they will never come home to this house again. Of course, this got me emotional. She is a toilet paper eating, heavy breathing, close talker but we do love this crazy little dog. Happy Birthday Moxie! You always keep it interesting!
Monday I had to take down the baby gate to the laundry room (aka Moxie's room). She roamed around the house all week lost. I feel like I stole her identity. She has been locked in there for three years whenever we leave or go to bed. Moxie has eaten many a beds in her day too, therefore she sleep is a metal bucket. Everyone thinks it's cruel when you see her sad little face peeking over the bucket, but she loves it. This week, I have left her out and about in the house when I leave and I think it is bothering her. She has all this new freedom and doesn't know what to do. Who knows what she'll do next week when I pick her up and bring her to her new home!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I am so impressed you remembered the dogs birthday... you are a much better dog mother than I am! After my two kids I am lucky to remember their birthdays! Good luck moving, I am anxious to hear good stories next week!
The grocery store post is hysterical... I noticed last time I was there you can put two in one basket once they are stable to sit up.. I have the same problem with my two.

kinsey said...

hilarious picture in the bjorn. love it.

Becky Fenn said...

That picture is so funny! I love it!

Russ and Kacee Crawford said...

OMG!!! HI!!! I saw your blog from Emily's! How are you. TWINS!! How cute are they!