Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Update

Not much to report this weekend, except the best dish to have ever been created in my kitchen (see below for details). We stayed in town, Todd worked, and I tried to keep my little men entertained. I did find out why my boys aren't sleeping. Apparently it's not the cereal, schedule, mommy's stress level, or the move...it's the crib!


Owen was supposed to be keeping me company in the kitchen during dinner prep. I got something out of the fridge, and when I turned around I realized I had lost my help. And yes, that is a Fourth of July bib. It's the only one that did not get packed. You might see it a alot this week between the two boys.
Brody found peace and sleep in the Rainforest Jumper (which he just learned how to jump in. mom used to aid in the jumping, but now my wild man can do it on his own).

Now, on to that fabulous dinner Todd and I made. I do love to cook, but it has gotten harder since we had the boys. I was finally learning how to schedule a little cooking into the boys schedule and then I decided to pack up the kitchen. I have limited supplies, but have been giving it a try. (I must make a side note to Mauri. You were right! The wine glasses should be the very last thing I pack. I couldn't bear to drink Pinot Grigio from a coffee mug or styrofoam, so I unpacked a wine glass.) I was watching a cooking show and Todd decided we should give it a whirl with a Rogers' twist. I will share the recipe. You can try it at home, but I can't guarantee it will be as good as ours was. It went as follows:

Todd's Terrific Grilled Tuna Sandwich

  • Ciabatta Bread
  • Pesto Mayo Spread (home made)
  • Coleslaw (with our Honolulu special sauce)
  • Shredded Grilled Tuna (with Todd's homemade rub)
  • Thick sliced tomatoes

It was just about the most wonderful thing we have ever made. We made enough for tonight's dinner also. When I was doing the dishes last night, I was already excited about tonight's dinner. This sandwich might be famous one day! Treasure this recipe!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

We (Matt and I) went to school with Todd and i found your blog through Jennifer Yeager. I love reading about your boys! they are so adorable! Tell Todd we said HI and i am going to add you guys to our "favorites" list if thats OK! thanks!
-Nicole Winston

Emily K. said...

Those pictures are hilarious and so adorable!

Becky Fenn said...

Hi Janai! Your family is beautiful:) So happy to see your two boys and how you are doing!

kinsey said...

that sandwich sounds good!! but i'd NEVER be able to make it the right way.

Shavon Hankins said...

Janai - I love reading about your precious boys! Enjoy them (I know you are), and always take time to take car of you!! Love - Shavon

Betsy said...

I had a good 5 minute laugh over that picture of Owen. Classic.

C. said...

The pics of the boys crashed are hilarious! We're going to try that recipe soon. Thanks for sharing, girl.