Cereal is not the answer, unless the question is, "How to make your children digress to newborns?" The boys have only slept through the night at the same time three times. Two nights before mother's day. (they love their dear ol' mom) and the night I moved them to their room. As many of you have read on the boys website, they earn the right to be my favorite for the day when they sleep through the night. I did this as a little incentive for them to sleep. Well, every day or two one will sleep through the night and I am thrilled. I don't need both of them to sleep all night to feel successful. Feeding only one is quite the treat!
Back to the cereal, we are pretty pooped these days with the move and all that goes with selling and buying a house. So, last night, against the doc's advise, I brought back the rice cereal. My fellow moms swear by this stuff. I loaded up those bottle nice and thick. The boys chugged it down and passed out nice and full with big round bellies. (Side note-they did not nap alot yesterday. We ran errands and played so they were not over-rested). Todd and I turned in with sweet dreams of a sleep filled night...not so much. Our schedule was as follows:
Owen 1:45
Brody 2:45
Owen 5:15
Brody 6:25
Moxie 7:00 (yes the dog was in on the game too)
Owen 8:30
It was not this bad when they came home from the hospital. Apparently I bought the cereal with the baby crack in it! They are both wide awake right now looking at me. THEY ARE PROBABLY HUNGRY! They did not wake up sweet and precious either, they were starving. Even Brody, who I typically hold down to feed, devoured five ounces at each feeding. What has happened to my babies!
1 week ago
1 comments:
Hey Janai! So glad to have found you. Those boys are so stinkin cute! And you look great. I on the other hand am covered in pears and rice cereal. I swear more of this stuff ends up on me than in his mouth- how is that possible?
Post a Comment