Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How do you...

I have had a couple of people lately ask me how do I go to the grocery store. That is the one thing people are curious about. Trust me, it took awhile for me to get the courage up for this chore. In fact, I think I just used the boys as an excuse to avoid this hated chore. We have a fabulous HEB they just redid and I love to go, but...it is absolute chaos all the time. Plus, you have to be dressed because you will see at the very least three people you know each time you go, and I'm not that popular!


There's a few varieties of shopping methods I've explored.

  1. Me and the boys alone. I take the stroller and my eco-friendly shopping bags. I just put the groceries in the bags and only buy as much as I can carry. I haven't been accused of shop lifting yet!
  2. Steph (Todd's mom) will tag along. She always nice to call when she's going to invite me or pick up stuff for me. We usually put one baby in each shopping basket. The problem with this method, when we see people we know, there are three baskets clogging the aisle. Many dirty looks for us!
  3. Todd will go. Todd and I went grocery shopping together twice before the boys were born in the whole four and half years we were married. Once when we were newlyweds. We thought this would be a fun Sunday thing. Not as exciting as we thought. The second time, I was so huge and pregnant he wanted to go help. Now, with the boys, we have a pretty good time. He used to follow along with the stroller or buggy, but this weekend we found the secret. The Bjorn. It worked great and we did not look like a traveling circus.

I attached a pic from the fourth so you can get a visual of Todd. I have really started to enjoy shopping with the buddy system.


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I seriously can't imagine having two little babies at one time! you are my hero!

kinsey said...

i want twins!!