Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mini Getaway

Last weekend Nana and Papa D came to Midland to hang out with the kiddos while Todd and I headed to Austin for a wedding (and a much needed rest).

We kicked off the weekend with an early birthday celebration for Papa D. We did it early because his birthday was on Friday, when we were leaving, plus I REALLY wanted one of those Gigi's cupcakes.

"What's going on? Why is everyone so excited? Am I getting cake?"
Those two little boys were so anxious to blow out the candles. Notice I had two, so everyone could equally spit on all the cupcakes. Todd lit the candles probably 20 times so the boys could keep blowing them out. Thank goodness they didn't get lightheaded and pass out!


Num Num Num


Chocolate lover like Papa D


The boys opened presents. They loved Papa's new golf balls.


Henley loves her Nana


Todd and I went to Austin on Friday. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Uchi's on Friday night. Saturday we relaxed on the patio at Matt's El Rancho, followed by a poolside nap, and then finished the day at a beautiful wedding at a vineyard right outside of Austin.


Sister-in-law of the bride, Myndi and I enjoying out gelatos


Todd, Chris and Matt

-------

We had such a wonderful weekend. Now we are back to reality!!!!

0 comments: