Monday, January 19, 2009

Slug Babies

I am raising slug babies. Let me explain...we are in the midst of the runniest noses of the century. It started with B-boy, and you can only imagine how well he handled it. (My sweet little daredevil does not handle uncomfortable stuff well.) Then he gave it to me Saturday night, Brother started running yesterday and Dad joined us last night. I digress, THERE IS SNOT ALL OVER MY HOUSE. I first noticed the slime trail on the ottoman, then the couch, of course all over me, on toys, on strollers, on car seats...you get the point. I find myself grabbing anything to wipe the slime from their sweet little faces. I started out with boogie wipes, but now I go for whatever is somewhat soft, most of the time it's my shirt. Yes, I'm that mom.

To go a different direction...Todd's cousin and his wife have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of their first child. Chelsea was due mid-March. She woke up this morning not feeling well and went to see her doctor. Her blood pressure was extremely high and they could not get it to go down. The doctor decided it was in everyone's best interest to take the baby today. Chelsea had to be put under for the delivery. We are excited to welcome Cambree into the world. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl. She weighed 4 pounds 2 ounces and was 17.5 inches long. She has fluid in her lungs and is in the NICU. Mom is doing well and I'm sorry I don't have many details. Please pray for them and this sweet little girl. I will keep everyone posted.

I wanted to share some of the pics I took today in my attempt to capture the perfect picture for the regis and kelly baby contest. Look out America. Owen and Brody are pretty stinkin' cute!

good possibility

kinda cute

not a chance (this is what my sweet Owen does when I hold up the camera. Can't wait for those 1 year pictures!)

Brody's lookin pretty cute. (do I enter them as one or separate so I have two chances to win? ha!)




3 comments:

Vickie said...

The boys will totally win.. hands down the cutest ones entered I can tell you that!

Don't you love snot.. it use to gross me out, now I find it amusing if I look over my shoulder and there is not snot on my shirt or on my knees where they slime me!

Lindsay Wagner said...

too funny! and i totally understand what you mean by the "slug" house...we have been there, and it's not fun! love the pics for Regis & Kelly!!! :)

Emily said...

You are so funny! We went through almost 2 months of snot until Christmas, but are happily snot-free now!

Great pics of the boys!

Can't wait to play soon!!