We have officially survived eleven months! Owen and Bordy were eleven months old yesterday. We spent their birthday weekend in San Diego. So much fun! This was their first plane ride and they did great! Living in Midland, it's a little bit harder to get to your destination. We are extremely lucky to have a nice airport here, but there are few direct flights. We had two stops on the way to San Diego but luckily only one was a plane change stop. Cry me a river, right? It is nice to have that first time under our belt and we now know we can fly with two babies. I'll do a picture recap of our weekend...

Brody started off with Mom and Dad. He looks like a big boy!

Owen was very curious about everything!

When we were on the ground in Phoenix, waiting for other passengers, Owen made sure the ground crew was doing their job. He was glued to that window!

Dad took Owen down to the water. It was cold!

Pa Doss...I think he's pretty proud!

Brody catching a ride with Pa Doss. That's our hotel, Hotel Del Coronado, in the background.

Sweet boys. Brody jumped right in. Owen was a little more hesitant on the sand. Needless to say, they were covered in sand.

Owen's army crawl came in handy while "storming" the beach.

Check out those curls. The humidity did wonders for our hair. You should have seen Mom!

Our little fam hanging out with the ape momma and baby.

Brody is truly my child. For those of you who don't know...I'm not what you would call a bird-lover!

WOW! The zoo is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

The giant Pandas were beautiful. The exhibit was neat because they were not behind glass and pretty close to us.

Owen had an amazing love affair with any spoon he could find this weekend.

A chilly day at the beach.

The humidity even got to Brody!

Our new umbrella strollers were very handy as transportation and entertainment.

Here are the boys' prison beds. The pic doesn't do them justice. When we walked in it looked like a sad orphanage. Luckily Mom brought fab sheets and blankets from home.

We are so sad to leave!
If you're a follower of our blog, you know I have been caught without the necessities for the boys on a number of ocassions. I have gotten much better and I'm usually over-prepared. Well...we are flying from San Diego to Phoenix yesterday and Brody is in my lap, facing me, asleep. He stirs briefly and then dozes off, but not before a little bathroom break. All the sudden my lap is warm and wet. That's right. Brody has wet us both. I have extra jeans...for him...not me. He managed to wet my pants just as if I had. Lovely. Guess I need to pack extra for all of us. No!, Phoenix airport friends, I did not wet my pants!
At eleven months we are loving life. Owen has finally decided he can crawl (I think I might have a stubborn child on my hands.) and Brody is a speed demon when it comes to crawling. We eat well. Owen doesn't like chunks in his food. He's not a fan of the Stage 3 foods. We are sleeping go for the most part. Every now and then someone has a bad night and needs some one on one time with Mom and Dad. Patty Cake really gets us reved up. We have loved the warm weather and our long walks. We are getting very brave and sometimes let go when we're standing. Owen has two top and two bottom teeth with a new top one barely peeking. Brody has two bottom, three top, and another peeking. Our locks are growing long and blond and we're not cutting it. Baths are still wonderful. Momma and Dadda are our favorite words, with Momma a clear second. We are looking forward to our first birthday next month. We're going to live it up this last month before we're all grown up!
7 comments:
Looks like y'all had a blast! I've heard the San Diego zoo is simply amazing. Glad you were able to change out of those wet pants eventually. ;)
they are too too too cute!! i want to meet them sometime :-)
Ahh! You should of gone last month with Hannah!
You being peed on on a plane for sure beats it happening to me a short ride from my house!! They are so cute, love all that blonde hair!
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! the boys are getting so big!!!
They are just adorable. Can't believe that are about to be 1! Gald you had a fun weekend!
Happy 11 months sweet boys! Looks you all had so much fun on the trip. Isn't getting peed and pooped on all you dreamed it would be? lol
Post a Comment