Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

Thought I would start off with a flash-back to one year ago...oh, how our lives have changed!

twenty-seven weeks pregnant and ringing in the New Year in Honolulu

This man is now the father of two!


Hope everyone had a Happy New Year's Eve and New Years Day! We rang in the new year with some friends and had a great time and got to spend the whole day today hanging out with the boys. They were extremely excited about 2009! It's going to be a big year for us, I can just feel it!

This is the latest piece of furniture I have added to the house. The gate is not pretty but very necessary as the boys are into EVERYTHING! It's kinda Ultimate-fighter-ish.

Could this shirt be any more true?

Owen had was more into the school spirit today.

This is our new kitchen Uncle Scott and Pilar got us for Christmas. Dad put it together today and we absolutely love it. It dings and beeps and opens and shuts, so fun!

We ate our black-eyed peas for new years. Todd and I feel very strongly about this tradition and felt the boys should start from a young age. They actually loved them.

Brody has taken to pulling his hair during meal time. This is the result. Lovely?!

Owen is showing off those new teeth and this is his favorite new face to make. Again, lovely?!





The boys are doing so much these days, I can hardly keep up. That is why I have been so bad about posting. I'll give a quick update of our achievements.

OWEN

  • Got his top right tooth on Christmas day and the other just peeked through today. I was kinda shocked at how large they were.
  • We are still doing the army-crawl/drag-your-limp-body move, but at high rates of speed
  • waving, right had only
  • trying to pull up
  • he has become fascinated with bouncing a ball on the tile so he can hear it click

BRODY

  • the top right tooth popped out New Year's Eve
  • loves to clap
  • climbing the stairs (mom is not happy)
  • waving. He has not been waving or even attempting. While we were in Dallas, my parents friends stopped by to see all the boys. Dave waved bye to Brody and we said, "Oh, we're not waving yet" and out of no where, our little man waved! Who knew?
  • favorite new word: daa-dee (translate "daddy")
BOTH OF US
  • eating everything in site. I have started buying baby food by the case.
  • laughing at one another. this is the cutest thing. One just starts laughing and gets the other going.
  • going to bed at 8:30 and sleeping till around 8:00
  • trying sippy cups
  • walking in our walkers
  • chatting
  • quite the dancers
  • INTO EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE

1 comments:

Sarah said...

The huge baby gate made me laugh so hard! They are such cuties!