Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

This past weekend we loaded up the boys and headed to The Great Wolf Lodge! It was a wonderful weekend getaway.
Look out Great Wolf...here come the Rogers!

This was at the outside pool. The wolf would give three howls (of course, Todd taught the boys to howl) and then he would spray. I am that bad mom that was not paying attention and when it started spraying, I screamed and ran...leaving Owen to be pelted and quite upset!

The water definitely wore us out! Owen, as I have mentioned, is a little bit of a mimic. Whenever we spray him with the sunscreen he makes the SHHHHHHHHHHH noise of the can. So funny. It took us a while to figure out what he was doing, but of course now we love to spray him just to hear him do it again.

This is the lobby. We knew we were in for an adventure when we walked in. The boys word of choice, "WOW". They just kept whispering "wow" in their sweet little voices.

This was part of the baby activity pool. The boys had a love-hate relationship with the slide. The lifeguard suggested a life jacket with the bumper, so the boys were safe. Todd and I took turns sending them down and catching them.

Owen loved story time.

Brody was not quite as sure. Each time a new animal popped out he was sure to point it out to me.

My boys!

a pic of Mom. Brody and I just hung out and people watched in the pool.

This crazy funnel? Well, Todd and I were going on a big kid ride with no idea what was coming. We were in a huge 4 person tube and I was backwards. When you come out of the tunnel, it spits you into this part and you launch up the side. CRAZY!!!!!!

The wave pool was fun, but the fountains were the real hit. We tried a double inner tube with the boys in our lap...TOTAL PANIC!!!!!

Brody was not a fan. Can you tell?

Chillin by the pool with our snack

Check out the huge bucket of water!

Owen hanging out with Mom

kiddie area

Nana and Papa D came to play Saturday night so Todd and I could visit with some friends. They took the boys to story time, but Brody lost it when the wolf came out (check above picture), but nothing a little treat from the gift shop couldn't fix. It was interesting what they picked and how adamant they were of their decisions. Thanks Nana and Papa D!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Love your post!!! Travis is a HUGE Great Wolf Lodge fan, and Reid is a HUGE fan of the howling concierge :) I'm so glad you guys had so much fun. We couldn't use the outdoor pool when we were there - too cold. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!!! Reid wants to go back with friends....jury's still out on who loved it more - Reid or Travis.

Sommer said...

Oh how fun!! I so want to take Kaitlyn!!!

kinsey said...

so fun! i'm not sure i'm up for that place quite yet, but yall are good sports ;-)

Myndi said...

Looks like it was so much fun! Wish we would have been here to see you guys!

Casey said...

Fun times! Sorry we weren't able to come and play! We miss you guys :)

KodyShandi&Kids said...

dontcha just love the place, cant wait till kiddos can just go run and play by themselves!

kinsey said...

hey, will you email me your email? i have some questions for you :-)

kinseypowell@hotmail.com

Landon, April & Macey said...

Looks like you had a great time. Wish we could have made it to join in the festivities!!