Today was a dreaded day...HAIRCUTS! I have anxiety for days before I have to take the boys to get their hair cut. Amanda does a fabulous job and she never complains of Brody's screaming and thrashing, but I really irritates me. This morning I came across a couple of Target gift cards the boys received for their birthday. I picked up all the kiddos from Mother's Day Out and headed to the salon without telling them anything. We pulled up and the water works started. I held up the gift cards and laid out the rules. If they got their hair cut and didn't shed one tear, they would be handed the gift card and we would go straight to Target and they could pick out whatever toy they wanted. Owen and Brody agreed without hesitation. Walking in Brody started to whimper so I waved that magic card in front of his face. We had to wait for a little bit for our turn. When Amanda walked in she asked who wanted to go first. Brody piped up and raised his hand. She didn't show her shock, just went with it. He hopped up in the chair (I always have to hog-tie him in a cape and warm my arms and legs around him) and let Amanda put the cape on him. He sat there like a big boy and did not shed a single tear. When he was done, I handed him the gift card and he went on his way. The whole time Amanda and I were kept looking at each other and asking "is this for real". I am so excited at this monumental milestone. Owen got his haircut without a single complaint as usual and then we headed to Target. Owen picked out a Jake & the Neverland Pirates Ship and Brody got a Joker tank so he could fight Batman.
1 week ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment