Monday, June 11, 2012

Destin - Day 2

Today we were up EARLY and ready to go.  It is completely daylight at 6:30 and we were so excited for day 2.

That's Todd's grandfather, Great Pa, who we owe this trip to.  He and Great Ma have been coming here for years and invited all of us along this year.

Great Ma explaining the ocean to B-boy

our camp

snacking with our mermaid baby

We went to an early dinner (3:45) because we had family pictures scheduled for 6:00

this is how we got to the beach from our condo

thank goodness the pictures were postponed due to rain so we could play in someone else's castle

watching the big kids
 

Let's see if we can find a crab tonight

we all had glow bracelets on our wrists and ankles (wish it showed up better in pics) because it was neat

We found the only crab in Destin!
I was walking along holding hands with Brody when I spotted the crab. Ross went for it and chased it into the ocean. Meanwhile, Brody climbed my body like a coconut tree.  He literally went from standing in the sand to wrapped around my torso immediately! Steph couldn't get him off me. Picture an octopus suctioned to your face. She was scared she would break his fingers or arms if she tried to pry him off me. Me, being the comforting mother I am, was laughing so hard I thought I might pass out.

I think the kids liked hunting the crabs much more than actually finding one...

0 comments: