We finally did it!
Big Boy Beds for the big brothers!
I knew the time was coming for the boys to make their way out of the cribs, but I was hoping to get Henley into her own room before I moved the boys. I had a feeling my time was running out when Brody was crawling out of his crib at least three to four times a night before falling asleep. We would put them to bed as usual and before long we would hear a bump or giggling on the staircase or a door slam. Then back to bed with tears. We knew it was really time when Todd went in to get the boys up for school and Brody was on a self-made bed on the floor. I guess he had the forethought to throw all his pillows and blankets out before he jumped ship. When he got tired, and didn't want to get us, he must have just curled up on the floor and passed out.

They have done so good in their beds. I was so worried I would have two little boys in my room joining in on the midnight feeding with baby sister. Brody doesn't get out (very often) anymore and they hop into bed for nap and night night without complaint. Whew...what a relief.

Owen especially loves this new set up. He is so funny. He calls out each morning "Momma, wake up!". For some reason he won't get out of his bed. He is such a big brother. When Brody was escaping from his crib we could hear Owen "bye-bye
Nowen" on the monitor. At least he was giving us a heads-up. When we converted their beds, Owen took his stuffed animals that had always been in his crib and tucked them into a drawer. I guess he felt that he was in a big boy bed and no longer needed his "baby stuff". Yes, I cried. No worries, when Nana made them Buzz and Woody blankets for their new beds, Brody went and got Buzz and Woody out of the drawer and put them back on Owen's bed.
Moral of the Story...Big Boy Beds = SUCCESS!!!!
2 comments:
Such sweet pics of the boys and your precious little girl!! What a sweet, perfect fam!
Excellent! We're staying in cribs as long as we can...
Post a Comment