Todd and I headed to the windy city...
This year's marathon was on October 10, 2010 (10-10-10).
This is such a beautiful city. It was covered with signs for the marathon and there were tons of people there to run. 47,000 people were registered to run. Who knew there were that many crazy people out there!
Recognize that fountain? It's the one from the opening scene of "Married with Children". It was right outside our Hotel, The Blackstone. (I highly recommend this hotel. It was an old hotel restored with modern decor. Plus an amazing restaurant with to-die-for black truffle eggs Benedict.)
I'm not near as creative as Todd in my poses.
Ready to run!!!!!
There's Todd!
This was at mile 13. I spotted him at mile 2, but the crowd was so crazy and the runners were still so bunched up that I didn't get a good pic. I had a great spot at 13 and got there nice and early so I got to see the wheelchair participants and the professional runners. The professionals passed me at mile 13 at 1 hour and 1 minute. Yes, they were running 13 miles per hour!!!
This was mile 17. I ran (ha! I shouldn't complain looking at all these folks) so I wouldn't miss Todd. Somehow, I missed him. I panicked when the 3.30 group passed and no sight of Todd, but by the time the 3.50 group arrived I assumed I missed him and started bookin it to the finish.
Oh! Here he is! This is at mile 26! He looks so good! Only 2 tenths of a mile to go! Too bad it's up hill!
This was at mile 13. I spotted him at mile 2, but the crowd was so crazy and the runners were still so bunched up that I didn't get a good pic. I had a great spot at 13 and got there nice and early so I got to see the wheelchair participants and the professional runners. The professionals passed me at mile 13 at 1 hour and 1 minute. Yes, they were running 13 miles per hour!!!
I am so proud of him!
Todd and his partner in crime, Dave. Gotta love that facial hair!
Todd was the 2526th Male to finish
He was 486th in his age group
He was the 3005th person to finish
He finished in a time of 3 hours 29 minutes and 58 seconds
(Keep in mind there were over 45,000 runners)
I am so proud of Todd's accomplishment. He trained so hard and was so dedicated to this goal and he did it! Can't wait to cheer him on again!
1 comments:
Whoa...way to go Forrest!!!! What a great place to do his first marathon!! Tell Todd we are way proud of him and especially his awesome time!! You guys look great!
Post a Comment