Friday, July 30, 2010

Henley Faye Rogers

Henley Faye Rogers is here!
On Tuesday, July 27, the boys were at school and I spent all morning trying to sleep off my headache. I napped all morning, tried a hot shower, ate everything in sight...nothing. So I called the doc and they thought I should come in because my blood pressure was high last Thursday.
Well, it was still a little high and my protein was high, so....
LET'S HAVE A BABY!
Dr. Molland asked if I was ready now. Uh, no. I had to pick the boys up from school in half an hour and I had no luggage and no hubby. We decided I could go home and then check in at 8:00pm after the shift change. Well, no such luck. The hospital was booked. What? Oh yes, that's right. I should go home and wait for their call to let me know they had a vacancy. Is this normal?
I left the doc's office and headed east to pick up the boys. Called the hubby, called the grandparents, called the babysitter, called the hair dresser! That's right, Grammie met me at school to take the boys home and grab dog food and I headed in to get my hair blown out. I know that sounds vain, but I knew this little girl would not arrive until the next morning and my curls would be a disaster. I got home and Todd cooked the amazing filets I got for what I thought might be one of our last meals, and ordered pizza for the boys. All this yummy food and Mommy could eat nothing!!!!! Boo!!!!
At 8:30 I called the hospital (in case they forgot about me) they did not appreciate my call. At nine the nurse called and said there was a room awaiting my arrival. So we headed to Walmart for some magazines and snacks and headed west to Odessa.
Look at that belly! Looks ripe to me!
Mommy and Daddy looking good.
Here's a little run down.
9:30 check in (got a much better room this time) There was a pull out couch for dad and plenty of room for all the grandparents. My parents hopped on a plane and were there for the entire night with Todd's mom.
11:00 Let's get this baby out. We start the drugs. I'm at 2cm (been there for weeks now)
Holy Moly -- Contractions are getting very strong. Apparently I've been having these for weeks and didn't know they were contractions. Way to go Mommy.
1:00am Still at 2cm with insane contractions. Let's pump in the fluids so I can get an epidural. All the grandparents are having a great visit with me. Todd is sleeping peacefully (he ran insane miles this morning)
4:00am EPIDURAL yes! thank you!
4:01 Mommy is asleep
7:30am Wake Up. I'm at 3cm. Are you kidding me. I thought I would have woken up to find out I had already had the baby. I send Mom and Dad home to freshen up and check on my boys.
8:30 Call Mom and Dad and Doss and tell them it's go time! NOW!!!
--------
Few little pushes...
10:07 am July 28, 2010
Henley Faye Rogers

Getting prettier...

7 lbs. 14 oz and 20 inches long
10 fingers, 10 toes
TONS of hair
Look at my baby girl!!!!!! She is so precious. A true blessing!
(notice how good my hair looks! Ha!)

Our sweet baby girl
We finally got moved to the post partum room after 2:00. We had to wait for them to kick some poor mom out of her room. I was really nervous when they rolled me in and I saw two beds. I really did not want to have to make small talk with a roomie! Luckily it was a bed for Todd!

The Grays came to meet Henley as soon as they could.
Thanks guys!

Daddy's new napping buddy!

Pa Doss and Laura admiring our new addition.

Nana finally got a grand daughter! She loves her four grandsons, but is very excited to have someone to buy pink for

Papa D was getting his cuddle time in too.

Grammie is pretty thrilled about a grand daughter too!
--------------------------------
Thank you to everyone who has called, come by, brought food and gifts, and prayed for this sweet little girl. We are totally in love with her!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

congrats! she is beautiful!!!! what a beautiful family. oh and your hair does look amazing by the way ! :-)

the Sebring's said...

I am so jealous that Miss Henley has bow ready hair!!!! Your hair does look AMazing and you made it seem like a breeze! Way to go Rogers fam! Congrats on the new beautiful addition!

Leigh Ann said...

This is hilarious. If you haven't read "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy, she did the same thing with the hair. So funny. And congrats! She's beautiful, and welcome to the crazy world of 3 kiddos!

Emily Osborne said...

congrats to you all, what a beautiful little lady!! we are so happy for you all and we can't wait to meet her!

KodyShandi&Kids said...

So you got a good ole taste of ORMC wait line! Its been crazy around there!!! I had hoped to be there when ya had the baby but looks like I just missed ya! Congrats on the beautiful lil girl!

Emily said...

Congratulations Janai & Todd!! Henley is just adorable. I'm so happy for you guys!!! xoxo

Sommer said...

So precious!!! Congrats to your growing family!