Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stroller Strides Rocks


I tried Stroller Strides for the first time today. The boys and I loved it. It was windy today, but still a beautiful clear day. I have been hearing about this Stroller Strides class from Darby and all my friends in Dallas and Portland, and I have been very interested. Well...it finally reached Midland! I loved being outside, getting a good workout, not having to find someone to watch the boys, and seeing friends I don't get to see very often. It was the kind of class where you get out of it what you put into it. We are all at different physical stages and you do what you can do and what you feel comfortable doing. We had a great first day and I'm looking forward to many more days with my fellow mommies. I think this will be a physical workout as much as a mental workout. Not that I have to concentrate (maybe a little), but that I get to be around great girls going through all the same things I'm doing and they can comfort me let me know I'm not losing my mind. I know Todd was really excited for me to be around adults and have adult conversation so I don't attack him when he gets home from work because I'm starved for contact.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

IS it only on Wednesdays? OR do they have other classes? It sounds fun... I love the new background!

the Sebring's said...

Hey I just went to mine yesterday, too for the 1st time. I am definitely out of shape!!!!

Emily said...

Way to go Janai & Way to go Midland :)

I only made it to one Stroller Strides class, but I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately my class meets right in the middle of Travis's nap time so I haven't made it back. Maybe later on. I was sore for days afterwards :)

C. said...

KMcD and I thought about Stroller Strides, but we couldn't find a class that worked for us. Good for you, girl! You look awesome!!

kinsey said...

what fun! i wish i was spending my days like you instead of what i'm doing ;-)