Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Milestones, Milestones, Milestones

Wow! What a day at our house. Glad to report nothing gross and unusual came out of either of my children, a nice change.

1. Brody is officially crawling. He's taken a few "steps" but sits as soon as he reaches whatever it is he is after. But, today was a new story. He crawled for me and Lily this afternoon just a little, but really turned it on for Dad.

2. Owen now has a tooth. He has been quite jealous of Brody's and now he is armed with a sharp little weapon of his own.

3. Brody was so proud of himself he is clapping. Whenever we yell and praise him, he grins that famous Brody grin and claps for himself.

The boys have also begun to fight over toys. I know I should discourage it, but it's so funny. They go back and forth taking the toys from one another and then the fun ends and someone cries. I never know who will cry first, but someone always does. Hopefully we will get this out of our system early. Tonight we were all on the floor and Owen was chewing on an old cell phone while Brody performed his new crawling skills. Todd and I started talking and the next thing we knew Brody had raced across the rug and snagged the cell phone, leaving Brother Owen screaming and pissed. Of course, we laughed. Owen was not only mad, but I think quite shocked at the sneak attack from B-Boy. We are embarking on a whole new journey! Can't wait!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

yikes-watch out! once there become mobile its all over........(but its so fun!)

KodyShandi&Kids said...

oh get ready the fighting will never end!!! first its toys, then food, and so on and so on !! its never ending!!but hey it good love!

Stuart, Jennifer, Hannah and Hudson Yeager (Phoebe and Daisy too!) said...

Yay Brody!!! In 48 hours you won't know whats hit you!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear of all of the fun developments...seems like it is one thing after the other!! Give them kisses from us!