Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lesson Learned

I have "the most-prepared-mom-box" in the back of my car. It has diapers, burp cloths, wipes, buggie covers, travel highchairs, even formula and water. I did forget one thing though...
a change of clothes. Halloween night, Owen had to come home topless (this is why God gave me boys) because there was only one onsie in the diaper bag. Brody was the chosen one who got to wear it home because it was a 3 month size. As you tell, I check and stock my diaper bag often. They did get to wear pants, only because my parents had put some in while they were here. Today we went to Jorge's for lunch. As we're walking in, I noticed Owen was quite ripe. I dumped all the stuff at the table and headed for the ladies room. WOW! It is up to his shoulder blades. So bad, that a little girl walked out of the stall and announced just how bad it was to anyone who might not be aware. Her grandmother came around the corner, and felt so bad she offered to help. Picture it, Owen naked with only his Aggie Converse Hightops on standing on the changing table laughing, of course, as I am about to die. While very cute, the outfit was a total loss. So I returned to the table with a once-again topless Owen. There I sat with my white trash baby wearing pants and a Dallas Cowboys bib during lunch.
When we got home, I did not do anything before I put two shirts in the diaper bag and two in "the-most-prepared-mom-box". Lesson learned.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Your babies are so cute they could get away with not having clothes! Plus, every mom in there was saying... " I remember when...!"

Leslie Neatherlin said...

Oh Janai, I have to say that is pretty funny,bless your heart. Trust me we have all been there!! The boys are adorable!!

Betsy said...

If it makes you feel any better, I've taken Wright on walks around the neighborhood multiple times in just his diaper. I figure he's more comfortable anyways and it's one less outfit for me to wash. At least you put for the effort to dress them!

Emily K. said...

Hilarious! It's always in situations like that that I told myself I really didn't need the diaper bag this trip...

KMcD said...

It happens to the best of us. My favorite is at church, when you have your baby in his Sunday finest. A blowout happens and either a) the only change of clothes in your bag is an inappropriate onesie with some "funny" saying or b) no extra clothing is to be found! LOL!

the Sebring's said...

Too funny....now I will put two outfits in my diaper bag as well!