Friday, September 28, 2012

Floating Away

Our prayers have finally been answered. It is raining!!! And raining! And raining!
We have been in such a drought that we can only water for 2 hours a week.  Today, in a 12 hour period, we received more rain than we did all last year.

AND...they canceled school!!! That's right! I woke up panicing because I slept late only to be informed we were delayed because of rain. Old Midland has horrible drainage and lots of kiddos couldn't get to school.

This is the river in the front of our house.  The flooding wasn't bad out where we are so we made the best of a day at home.  Luckily the Earls got out and got donuts and came to play, so we had a great start to the day and then we wrapped it up at Lillian's party at Chuck E. Cheese.  Not the day I had planned, but thankful for the rain

0 comments: