This happened at school last week and Owen's teacher filled in the blanks...
At dinner last week, Owen told me he pooped at school. (yes, lovely dinner conversation) I told him congrats. He let me know he wiped all by himself. When I asked him why he makes me do the "dirty work" at home, he replied, "I like how good you do it." Hmmm....I guess I appreciate the compliment, but I'm willing to let my role as wiper go.
The next morning at school, Owen's teacher stopped me after drop off and was already laughing before beginning her story, "I have to tell you what Owen did yesterday..."
Here it goes...Owen was playing on the playground and he suddenly stopped, grabbed his bottom and ran to his teacher exclaiming, "I HAVE TO GO HOME!!!! I HAVE TO GO HOME!!!". She informed him that was not an option and he insisted. She persuaded a classmate to escort Owen to the classroom restroom due to Owen's dire state. She feared he couldn't focus on the task at hand and make it back to the classroom. When she went in to check on sweet Owen, his buddy was sitting in a chair outside the bathroom (it's a single) and Owen was on the potty; they were enjoying a colorful conversation (I don't want to know what they were talking about!). She asked if he was done and he said yes, so she told him to "clean up" and move on with his day. He asked her to wipe and she promptly said "NO". She asked him if he knew how to wipe and he said yes, but he wanted her to do it....OH MY WORD!!!!! Needless to say he took care of the matter at hand with step by step encouragement.
I'm glad he likes to be clean and tidy, but we need to work on independence! I guess it's nice to be appreciated, no matter the circumstances...
1 week ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment