Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Arboretum

Up next, the Dallas Arboretum. Snacks, sunscreen, and stroller. Let's go!

There was a Peter Rabbit Village at the Arboretum.
Brody is pointing at the bird he has chased up the tree. I was unaware of Brody's extreme fascination with bird chasing until yesterday. When we were walking from the Museum to the Aquarium, there were pigeons everywhere enjoying hand outs from the kids eating on the lawn. Brody chased these poor pigeons through the throngs of children on field trips. All the kids cheered him on and he giggled like I've never seen and chased them until he couldn't breathe. I knew there would be lots of bird chasing at the Arboretum. He didn't disappoint me. The giggles are definitely contagious. Nana and I weren't sure if it was appropriate to laugh as our child tormented the birds.
He is my child. Saving his Mommy from those birds that have scared her for years!

Sneaking under the spitting toads

We looked at rolly-polly's (I wish you could hear B say it in his deep voice!)

Explored the fairy tale castles. This was the castle from Beauty & the Beast.

Waving to the squirrel they chased up the tree (they are ALL BOY!).

Yes! A picture of ALL three of my precious children. They even posed on their own. I was beaming!

Me and my babies!

They loved all the secret little nooks we found on our adventure

Nana and her little girl

We explored a real tee pee

Climbed in a covered wagon. There were no DVD players for their long road trips. Don't know if the Rogers kiddos would have survived!

The boys enjoyed the Texas Frontier village. Nana, Henley and I enjoyed the shade!

---

We had a hard time leaving but it was so hot. I carried a sleeping Henley (don't think she feels very well), Owen hopped in the stroller, and the only way we kept Brody walking was pointing out birds and squirrels to chase toward the exit.

---

FYI- Henley and I headed to PrimaCare while the boys went home to nap...Viral Infection and Ear Infection. Poor baby! We just keep dragging her around. Thank goodness she loves to nap on the go.

0 comments: