Monday, January 31, 2011

Really????

It all started a week ago...

Last Sunday Brody started feeling bad. He was running a fever and was not his active, lively self. I knew I should take him in to early office hours on Monday (our pedi has first-come-first-serve from 7;30 to 8:00 a few days a week), but was thinking...is he really sick? He woke up in the middle of the night with a fever, Tylenol, and then again the next morning...We're going in early. Grammie came and sat with the other two because I knew we weren't going to be home in time for dad to go to work. After a long line (and almost leaving) I found out Brody has Flu B. This of course, is not covered under the flu shot. It's a high fever and aching for 3 to 5 days. I get home and Henley's cough has gotten worse. I call and make her a 2 o'clock appointment. Long story, short...negative for flu B, but prescribed 3 breathing treatments a day, humidifier, sleep elevated, the norm for congestion.

Here's our sweet patient

Luckily, I already had a machine from the boys. This was April 2009. Trying to give Brody a treatment while both of them chewed on the hoses. (LOVE their hair)

Oh no! What's going on with Owen? This is the next Saturday. Owen and Brody spent the night with Grammie and Aunt JJ. When he came home he was not quite himself. Then fever. Over the next two days it gets worse. (I must mention Dad is out-for-the-count too. Needless to say, it's gettin' ugly around here.) Brody and Henley are happy and healthy. Today, we went to the doctor...CROUP! Really? So in the long run, Brody had small bout with Flu B, Owen has Croup and is prescribed breathing treatments and oral steroids, and Henley either had the flu or croup or both. She is the victim of her brothers. Luckily she is a tough cookie and has not lost her smile for a minute!

Now that we're feeling better, Mom's iPad is very entertaining! Brody loves to practice counting and his colors. He loves the farm animals, but is enjoying some new challenges now that we've WAY mastered the animals! He's been so sweet and patient while his brother and sister have been sick. For the first time, Brody took the smallest hit from our winter yuck!
---
We are all on the road to recovery and should be 100% in a day or two!

0 comments: