Todd's business trip to Allen turned out to be a great get-away for Me!
We drove to Allen on Wednesday and checked in to our hotel. Nana and Papa D were not far behind. We visited for a while in the courtyard so the boys could run wild, and then...Grandparent swoop! My parents so wonderfully volunteered to host the boys for the week. It was wonderful!

Todd had meetings all day Thursday, so Nana brought the boys over and we got to spend the day together. There is this great little play-town in the Allen shopping area and the boys loved it! Here Owen is guarding the safe.

Brody was giving the drive-
thru window some very personal attention. Thank goodness they don't do that at my bank!
As a bonus...we got
Freebirds for lunch! What more could I ask for? Shopping,
Freebirds, and an afternoon with my mom.

Nana and Papa D have been letting the boys explore their talents

Brody really getting after it!

Owen loves it!
They are so funny to watch. I have no idea how they knew exactly what to do. Looked like pros!

Before we left town, we hit the Dallas World
Aquarium with my parents

Even Brody and Owen were not impressed with the one lonely
penguin. They did do their Happy Feet dance

The turtle and stingray exhibit was a big hit. The guys go turtle hunting in the courtyard at school, so they were
excited to see a familiar friend

Owen
hitchin' a ride with Papa D

the guys

Brody and Dad

Oh! What a beautiful BUZZARD! Yuck! This was the first thing we saw and we were in love!
Poor Brody fell asleep in line to get into the
aquarium and I woke him up after we were already inside. I hate that I didn't capture his face when he woke up in a rain forest! Priceless!
0 comments:
Post a Comment