Monday, October 20, 2014

Indian Guides Ft. Davis

My guys headed off again for an Indian Guides campout.  This time they went to Ft. Davis with their fellow Mohawks.
 This was Saturday morning after they launched the rockets they made.  The boys loved getting to fire off their rockets and shoot BB guns...SUCH BOYS!
 Then came the pumpkin carving...Todd and Owen did his pumpkin first.  Then Mr. Owen decided to do a little additional work on his pumpkin with a very sharp knife after Todd had started helping Brody.  I think his hand took more of a hit than the pumpkin! He didn't cry at first, Todd said he made a noise like he was startled. Luckily, Dr. Davenport is in our tribe and he cleaned Owen up and got him ready to be taken to the emergency room in Alpine.  Todd called me on the road and I was able to talk to Owen and keep his mind off his booboo.  
I was able to talk to him while they were stitching up his battle wound. He was so brave. He kept telling Todd he could feel the stitches.  I think the tugging was freaking him out. I promised balloons and a Halloween cake to be waiting when they got home on Sunday. The doctor told Owen to look at his stitches when he was done sewing him up...Owen quickly and excitedly replied "COOL!" Doctor said that is every little boys response. They headed back to camp and finished out the weekend with their tribe. Owen received the Purple Arrow Wounded Warrior award at the conclusion of the camp out.
We were helping the boys shower and get cleaned up when they got home...Owen (while examining his stitches) "maybe I should be Frankenstein for Halloween?"...Brody "I'll be your Mad Scientist!"

0 comments: