Thursday, June 13, 2013

Destin Diary Day 6

Day six was a great day!



We woke up early, walked to the cafe, and headed to Pirate training! We boarded a real pirate ship and the training started...don't the boys look thrilled?


Henley WAS NOT into training to be a pirate princess. She supervised from my hip for most of our two hours tour...thanks goodness it was 300% humidity!


After training on chants, what to do if someone falls over board (Owen was especially concerned about this. He kept asking what do we yell? "Man Overboard!" I think he was concerned this might become an issue), a water gun fight, mopping the deck...we got tattoos and our faces painted.


They are the cutest pirates I have ever seen! Todd and I had so much fun watching Owen follow the pirates directions. He follows to the exact word. His attention to detail is amazing. Brody puts his own spin on the requests and only does what he feels necessary.


We found treasure!


Look who joined the fun! Once treasure was pulled aboard, Henley was right in the mix getting her share of the loot...she is so different from her brothers! Is it age? Gender? Birth order? Her sweet stubborn yet precious personality?








Next up...Lunch! Yummmmm! Todd and I ordered this exact meal last year. Needless to say everyone was jealous, so this year we got two buckets for the table (it was our lunch & dinner) and it did not disappoint


My pirates waiting to fill their bellies!


We headed home and hit the beach. Brody ran and played in Brody-land for hours. I think he defeated every pirate ship he encountered on that beach with his amazing imagination. I love to watch him play, I just wish I knew what all crazy adventures he was going on! Sweet Brody!


Henley with her daily struggle...SAND! Sister, we are on the beach, there is sand, on EVERYTHING! We did pass a milestone today, she has finally reached the point to walk herself down to the water and rinse whatever needs to be cleaned.


Did you get every crumb, Owen?


Our island was still intact from yesterday. The kids played and jumped over the trenches and laid out plans for tomorrow's castle. Tonight we had a leftovers buffet in the condo. The highlight of my evening was listening to Great Ma & Great Pa tell us about how they met and got married. What a wonderful memory! She met him on her first day of work, which happened to be the day he gave his 2 weeks notice...imagine if she started two weeks later????

0 comments: