We headed to Austin this weekend to have some fun on the lake.

Henley wore this horrible life jacket and never blinked an eye. I have to say she handled it much better than her brothers did.

Owen was
sooooo excited we were riding on a real boat (as opposed to all the fake ones he's been on?)

Brody was ready to fire this think up!

Henley passed out before we left the "No Wake" zone and slept for the majority of the morning. I love my
sleepin' babies!

These beautiful blue eyes never quit moving. He was racing all over the boat looking for the best seat with the best view. Of course, he liked to be up front leaning over the side watching the water crash against the boat (not mom's
fav place for him to be).

Yep! That's right, he riding by himself. It took baby steps. First we looked at the tube, then watched Daddy ride it, then got on it, then rode it with Daddy, then swam around it, then slowly crept out on it. We slowly let the rope out and cranked the boat. He never looked back!

This shows you how fast we were going. He was able to ride and not hold on. BUT, this was the only time he did not hold on as he quickly found himself floating in the lake. He was a good sport and by the time Todd went and got him and brought him back to the boat he wasn't even upset.

Pa Doss was excited his boys loved the lake.

Brody's fall into the lake clearly didn't bother him. He was right back on the tube the next day.

My sweet Owen. He was not interest in riding the tube this trip. He thought it was funny when Daddy did it and really cool when Brody rode with Daddy, but when we started to take off and Brody was alone on the tube, he started yelling, "NO! NO! Brody! NO!". He was a nervous wreck the whole time Brody was out there alone. Such a sweet big brother.

Mom even got in on the action. I rode with Brody and we were flying over all the wake from the other boats and he was laughing and squealing. I told Todd to drag us in and Brody cried, so I gave in for one more ride. While we were riding, Brody was quiet and I noticed he kept slowly letting go of the handle...he was falling ASLEEP! I am not lying! He whined as we were drug in but was asleep in Todd's arms before I could get out of the water. He got in every minute of fun he could handle.

Pa Doss was so proud of his little girl and how good
she did on the boat. I think he's pretty excited his
grand kids LOVED the lake!

Our bathing beauty

Owen is such a cool dude!

Totally wiped out!
Gettin' comfy for our ride home
1 comments:
i wish my kids would sleep like yours! such cute pics too!!
Post a Comment