Monday, June 28, 2010

The Nursery

Little Miss's room is nearing completion just as she is!
------
Our sweet baby girl, Henley Faye Rogers, has a beautiful room awaiting her arrival!
The crib

opposite the crib

this may not look exciting, but this was the major construction part of this project. Notice the absolutely beautiful pocket door to the right of the chest? The closet door had been sealed off by the previous owner and I had the idea to just stick a pocket door in there. Sounds easy enough? No! After ripping out the wall and moving the gas line, it was easy.

This has to be one of my favorite things about Henley's room. My girlfriend and I were out walking one morning and a lady was having a garage sale. This was her husband's grandmother's chair that had been in her garage for 17 years! It was unfinished wood and had a broken bracket for a mirror across the top. Well...it got a huge face lift! I need to add the mirror to the indention in the back of the chair. The seat lifts up so this can be her dress-up trunk.

This is the other side of the room. I need to post the before pics. This room was cherry red. By room, I mean everything. The walls and all the built-ins. I love the way the built-ins turned out. They look like a new piece of furniture.

Here's my little table. My mom made the skirt. So cute! I'm getting into this girlie stuff!

Finally...this is the one part of her room, she will never appreciate. We go into her room each night after we put the boys to bed and see what's left to be done, and when we walk out, we are blown away by her view. This is by far the prettiest part of her room. (thanks for sneaking in the pic Owen)
....
I'm missing a few prints I just ordered for her walls and an amazing lime green shag rug, but I had to post all of our hard work. Thanks to everyone who has painted, carried, ordered, paid, sewed, and helped to give Henley such a beautiful room. Now all we need is HENLEY!

9 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

precious room, and i LOVE her name!!!! is it family or do you just like it......i LOVE it!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Gorgeous! That chair was my favorite part too when I saw the pics. I love old refinished furniture, and now it's something she can pass down too. :)

Myndi Easter said...

It turned out so cute! I just love it all!

mary_marshall said...

Love the name Henley! The nursery looks adorable. You're going to love the girly stuff - ruffles, dresses, bows - it's so fun!

kinsey said...

yeah for hearing her name!! too cute! can't wait to see her picture...so excited for yall!

Penelope said...

love henley's "dress up" bench! looks great & we can't wait to meet henley too!!

Anonymous said...

Nai~ This room looks amazing! Love it & her sweet name. Love & miss ya!
~katiek

Camo and Pearls said...

Love it!

Sommer said...

Oh! I love it Janai!! So darn cute!