Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Super Heros

We had a great weekend. Dad was off so we had lots of family time. Friday, we cruised in "The Villager" (that's a whole different post) and had a quiet night at home with dinner from Murray's (yummy!). Saturday was where the action was. We started off with a great birthday party for our buddy Wyatt. Despite the rain and change of party plans, Vickie pulled it off flawlessly! Thanks for inviting us. The boys did good, but Brody is in a very clingy phase and it kinda drives me crazy, doesn't he know there are TWO of them. Then we grabbed Dad and headed out to Miss Mabry's first birthday at the ranch. It was so fun to see so many friends all day long. Todd and I were pooped, but anxiously handed the boys off to Michele and Erica so we could go out. We had a blast at COA and Betty's. Much needed adult time! Here's some pics of my little Super Heros (thanks for the shirts Chris and Myndi!).
Who would win this battle? Batman or Superman?

Looks like Superman might take down Batman

I hate that I wasn't looking up. I have so few pics of me and the boys. At least, B-boy looks great!

Never did I dream of keeping my kids locked out of the yard. I am pool fence shopping this week.

Superman was determined to get in the yard, even if he had to go over the fence.

So sweet. They were waiting for Daddy to come rescue them...since all Mom wanted to do was make them take pictures

Dad and B were throwing the ball and trying to wear out the dog (can't wait till that trick works on the boys)

Owen is doing so good walking. He usually holds his hand up and waits for someone to take hold and escort him wherever he wishes to go


Brody is a walking machine (when not clinging. I hate to complain bc I know one day I will dream of this attention from him)

Owen has really taken to Holly. Anytime she is "being corrected" by Todd or I, Owen always chirps in. When she barking, he wags his finger and tells her to hush.

Mom was a little distracted...notice the dumped puffs, everywhere!

Twins Rock!

We had a special visitor, our buddy, Jackson. Look at what good big brothers Owen and Brody will be! Brody was in charge of rocking and Owen is the entertainer. They were so sweet.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

thanks for sending me your email! I love keeping up with your boys and would love to do a playdate when we are in midland in the summer- i will let you know dates! i have a love/hate relationship with the clingy phase too! they are too cute

Vickie said...

SOO cute! I love the twins rock and superheros shirts! Thanks for coming SAturday!

KMcD said...

They are so BIG!!!! We are all so excited about coming to see you guys - less than 2 weeks!!! Especially since it seems like they have grown sooooo much since we last saw them. They are just so adorable and precious.

Cousin J is going to love their shirts. He just got a pair of batman pj's...complete with a cape that velcro's on!!! (As well as swim trunks with spiderman, the hulk, ironman & wolverine on them...his choice). Guess I need to get L something superhero so he won't feel left out. ;)

Myndi said...

I miss those boys...oh and you guys too!! We need some Rogers time ASAP!! Love you!

C. said...

Do you just sit and run your fingers through their gorgeous hair?! Girl, your little men are some serious eye candy. ;) Can't believe how big they're getting!