I surprised Todd with a weekend getaway for his birthday. We had so much fun. We flew to Dallas on Thursday and checked into Hotel Zaza, our favorite! The hotel sent up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for the birthday boy. We had a low key-no-children evening. Friday, I slept in (LATE) and Todd went to run. We enjoyed a great lunch on the patio. We couldn't have asked for better weather in March. Then we headed back to the spa for a couples massage. FABULOUS!

Friday night I did a little surprise party for Todd at
Mattitos
Thanks so much for all you help with the party, Chris and
Myndi
Bear and Blaire came to party

April and Brim helped us celebrate too. In fact, they were the ones that closed down the evening with us!

Happy Birthday Honey! So glad I'm not the older lady anymore. Vicky, Kurt and Matt joined us for dinner too!

The boys at the Iron Cactus

Saturday, we went to
TopGolf. So much fun!

Todd and Chris think they are so funny...
Myndi and I showed our support with food and beer and of course, commentary

I even took a few shots. Who can resist such a cute coach?

The fun continued at the
Mavs game Saturday night.

This was after the game in the hotel hallway...think what you will...

we missed our sweet boys. Apparently, Owen missed us so much he gave himself a fever! Thanks for the
wakeup call with 102.5 temp. Welcome home!

Brody missed us so much he hung out from 11:30 till 2:00 this morning in our bed, wide awake. Thanks son!
We had such a great time! Thanks to everyone who helped make this a great surprise weekend. We needed a rest!
6 comments:
such a good wife! :) i have wanted to stay at hotel zaza...heard nothing but great things about it! way to go on surprising your man!
what a fun fun weekend!
Happy Birthday Todd! Glad you guys got to get away for some Kid-free fun!!!
What a great present. Todd is a lucky guy to have you. ;) You look so relaxed - and I'm sooooo jealous of you getting to sleep late. Good for you! I hope Owen is feeling better. Give him kisses.
It was so great to see you and Todd!!!
Looks like you two had a fabulous time! Good for you!! Please tell your hubby happy birthday for us!
Post a Comment