Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Santa Time

Today was the day! Time to see Santa Claus! Henley was very well rested (she slept from 10 to 7:30, Merry Christmas Mommy) and in a great mood for her first Santa sighting
LOVE this smile. Brody does not usually even look at the camera so this is a rare thing!

Owen was not as please with the paparazzi this morning

Grammie joined us for a yummy brunch with Santa.

Brody mostly brunched on cookies

Notice Santa in the background. We were probably 20 feet away. I've been talking this up and the boys seemed excited, so I told the Yeagers we would go first and show Hannah how fun it was. Failed! That's Brody clinging to me

Getting closer. I'm slowing backing toward Santa. Owen is coming along with only minimal fear.

I hand off Henley. Notice Brody is now crawling up inside my dress. Lovely! Keep in mind there is a ballroom full of people witnessing this.

Owen "liked" Santa. He did really good. This is the first year Owen has been the one not upset.

Brody decided Santa wasn't so bad when he started handing out candy and crayons. (the pictures are out of order. I tortured them with a mandantory family photo, then Owen and Henley took their turn, then Owen went solo) Santa was so nice to get down on the floor and try to convince Brody he was a good guy.

I was determined to have a picture of all three kiddos. I didn't really want to be in it, but you got to do what you got to do.

Henley enjoyed her first time in Santa's lap

We left with balloons and were totally satisfied...

and completely worn out!

1 comments:

Sommer said...

You are my hero!! You are the best mom and how you juggle it all...wow! I am amazed! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!