Sunday, November 7, 2010

Catching up with Owen

Owen is 32 months (Almost 3) old. He is such a joy and we love his craziness. Owen is definitely the older brother. He constantly has me laughing. I'm never quite sure how Owen is going to react to a new situation. He keeps me on my toes, for sure! Favorite foods: bananas, raisins, grilled cheese, french toast, ice cream, fruit snacks, popcorn

Current "Favorites": Toy Story, Dinosaurs, Shoes (he has a very strong attachment to his current Nikes. He shows them off to everyone even though they're months old), Monster Trucks, squealing, chasing Brody

Key Phrases: "Monsta Truck" Monster Truck, "Baby Sissa" Baby Sister, "Oct Tuss" Octopus, "Stuck", "No-Wen" Brody (Owen always referred to Brody as Owen and I would so "He's not Owen". Therefore Owen calls Brody "Not Owen" or "No-Wen"), "Bayou" sit by you, "Futter Fie" Butterfly
He is definitely my talker and he is so loud, I can't imagine who he gets that from????

Tricks
  • hides his toys, but always knows where they are. If we are leaving the house or heading to bed and he protests, I let him go get whatever he wants. He grabs the toy and is happy as can be.
  • Hands. He chases Brody and says "hands". He wants Brody to hold hands so they can dance. He loves the music from The Princess and the Frog and wants to dance.
  • My little parrot. We have to be very careful about what we say around this guy. The repeater.
  • Fish Kisses. Owen loves to give kissed. He puckers up like a fish and goes for it. He finishes each kiss with a load smack noise. Love it!
  • The boys love to play chase. We have a brick column they love to run around and we have two doorways into our kitchen/family room area they make a great race track. It's so funny to watch them chase one another because I have no idea who is chasing who and I really don't think they do either. They just squeal and run and laugh!
This man loves a hat, but only for a minute. This is the only one he will leave on, but never on command. It has to be his idea. This goes for everything. I offer juice, "NO" and he pushes it away, then cries when I set it on the table, give it back to him, screams, I give up! I set it down and let him work out his issues and get the cup whenever he decides he wants it. This is not a fun trick we are doing now, and I am hoping it's temporary.

Yep. That's Owen. You just never know!
I love you Owen! Your imagination is wonderful. Your smile is priceless. I love your kisses!

0 comments: